Sunday, January 3, 2010

Sadly I forgot my camera at home during Christmas, but I will write about it anyway. My whole family so including my brother and I went to Guayaquil which is the biggest city in Ecuador. We spent Christmas Eve and a few days before Christmas with my aunt and uncle. The Christmas traditions are very different from the American traditions. On Christmas Eve is a big party where the whole family gets together and just hangs out so to speak untill 12:00 am. When the day changes everyone gets up and greets everyone again meaning you kiss the girls on the cheek and shake hands with the guys. Then at like 1:00 am everyone eats most of the same food as in the U.S. except there is a dish called Condumio which is pulled beef in a red wine and milk sause with nuts and rasins I didnt really like it but all the ecuadorians love this stuff. My family was the first to leave the party at 3:00 in the morning. There is no milk and cookies for Santa. Most people don't have trees and the few that do are all fake because there is only one type of pine tree and it doen't look like a Christmas Tree.

No comments:

Post a Comment