Saturday, April 24, 2010

AMAZON



The first day in the Amazon was crazy mostly because of how we had to get there and because I was very sleepy. So first we left Portoviejo at like 11 pm and drove through the night to Quito and right as I’m falling asleep everyone in the big 12 passenger van started singing to me because it was the midnight of my birthday. Then I couldn’t fall asleep after that so I was awake the whole night. Once we got into Quito we waited like 3 hours for our flight to take off. The flight only lasted half an hour to Coca a little town in the Amazon but don’t get excited were not there yet we all got into a boat and spent 3 hours on the river before we got to the lodge. Once at the lodge we got our rooms and rubber boots then we went on a walk through the jungle to the top of this really big hill to see the river valley. By the time we got down it was dark. So we all went to our rooms to get ready for dinner got to take hot showers which was exciting. Then we had dinner and hung out with all the exchange students until about midnight meaning I was up the full 24 hours of my birthday. Longest birthday of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment