Sunday, April 25, 2010

CARNIVAL

After the Amazon trip was Carnival which is a big three day party before lent like a long Mardi Gras. The bus got back to Portoviejo at around 11:30 at night then everyone was picked up by their parents and most went to the beach. My family and I went to San Clement a little beach town that is known for having one of the best carnivals in ManabĂ­ my province. It was so much fun during the day everyone hung out at the beach and swam and at night there was music and dancing and parties in the streets. One of the traditions of carnival is to throw water at people but you could have a lot more then water thrown at you. One of my friends had a whole glass of beer thrown at her. And you could also buy spray foam I saw people getting covered in colored foam. Only one bad thing happened to me the whole weekend. When I was swimming one of the days someone stole my shirt but its ok it was just a plain blue shirt. But I’m still a little curious as to why some one would steal a t-shirt worth about a dollar here.

No comments:

Post a Comment